Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A Dreary Day in the Neighborhood

We are spoiled. With temps in the seventies this past weekend who would have thought we lived in Virginia - it felt more like Florida in the winter. So when it becomes rainy, cloudy, drizzly, and foggy - it’s more of an impact. Although I have to say it doesn’t matter what time of the year it is - I’m not a rainy day person. Remember the Carpenters song “Rainy Days and Mondays” always get me down? Well, that’s the truth. Every time I hear the PBS Masterpiece theme song it gets me upset because that meant the next day was a Monday and a workday after a nice weekend. I definitely need sunshine. So rather than walk in the park this morning we drove over to the mall to get in our usual exercise. We haven’t been there since the Christmas decorations all came down and it seemed to be busier than usual. On the way back things looked as dreary as when we left - but at least I didn’t need to be outside working, or taking the metro, or anything else. We at least can do whatever we want when we want. It’s something I really appreciate after all the years of driving and walking in inclement weather - something everyone does. So I’ll continue to be thankful for what we have - especially on a rainy, cloudy, foggy, drizzly winter day. 














No comments:

Post a Comment