Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Perfect Birthday

As one gets older birthdays are more of a necessity, but not always something one looks forward to. This year was particularly wonderful. For the first time in over a year my mom was finally feeling better - she went from living independently to 24 hour in house care - and has rebounded in spite of it all. To see her take small steps from the bedroom to the front room was short of miraculous because the threat of amputation was very real. We were staying on the beach for a couple of days earlier this month - and on my birthday we took a drive by the Gulf of Mexico and started out the morning at Waffle House. Then we drove to the bird pond in my old neighborhood and watched the action for a while. After saying we would one day get to Sunken Gardens, it finally happened. It was so pleasant and peaceful walking through the gardens. The flamingos were a big hit! Then in the evening our neighbors brought over a birthday carrot cake that was just so thoughtful. In January I will be getting my first social security check. I can hardly believe I’m saying that. So, this year was really a difficult one in some ways, but so good in others. And being New Years 2020, I have a lot to be thankful for. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy year ahead. You never know what tomorrow will bring. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment