Monday, January 27, 2020

Med Star Medical Records Release

It was a good excuse to go in to town. I checked the Medstar online portal to see if I could request my medical records be transferred, but there wasn’t an option for that request. So I called the Medstar Office to find out how to have the records transferred. I needed to sign a consent form and they would send it to me in the mail. Once I received it, I filled it in, and thought it would  be better to hand carry it back. When we moved to northern Virginia nine months ago, it was only a matter of time when we would begin to switch over to new doctors that were closer to our new neighborhood. Getting to appointments in DC was tricky when we lived there for thirteen years. Getting to them now was even worse. So we drove to Alexandria for lunch and then stopped by the doctor office to drop off the form, and pick up another one for my husband. Every time we visit the office we are unimpressed with the location at Eastern Market and the staff - and very happy to be leaving the area. The whole neighborhood looks different now. We aren’t residents anymore - but tourists. So little by little our history is fading in the Capitol city. It was nice when we lived there, but we are happy that it’s still close enough to visit - for non appointment activities. 










No comments:

Post a Comment