Sunday, January 26, 2020

Florida State University Alumni Call

I received a postcard in the mail the other day from Florida State. I graduated with a bachelor of science in Nursing. They want to update the alumni information for the directory, so I called and talked to a gentleman. Since we moved last year, a few items really needed to be changed. And, I have retired since the last information was published. The one question The caller asked was to name something I remembered about attending FSU. I used to tutor some of the basketball players and attended all the games for free - and that was when FSU was #2 in the country after UCLA. The basketball players and coaches all came to a party at my house after a Christmas tournament. I didn’t think much of it then, but can’t believe it now given all the March Madness “madness!”  Anyway, after the call I was compelled to dig though some of my momentos - a few basketball handbooks, two publications with my photo on the cover, my diploma,  my student nurse name pin, FSU nursing pin, and the two green and one red ribbons that are placed on your nurses’ cap. One green means a junior, two greens mean a senior, and upon graduation, the official nursing ribbon is garnet. I can’t believe it’s been 45 years since I graduated from FSU. It feels like yesterday. Look what a postcard can do. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment