Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Pixels/Fine Art America Mat and Frames My Art

I’ve been working on them for quite a while. We didn’t have any photos of our loved ones in plain sight. So I went about painting a sort of “family tree” that had images of my husband’s family and my family. Aside from that painting, I wanted something that showed all the homes we lived in. So I collected some old photos and went to work on that. Then to complete the grouping, I sketched out a bunch of images of my husband and me over the years - since 1979 or so. It looks sort of like Where’s Waldo, but not exactly. We have the perfect wall for this gallery collection, and the colors match the lighter vibe of the living space. So I ordered up a set of matted and framed prints through Pixels/Fine Art America last week. I happen to have a shop on that website that showcases all my digital art as well as photographs. The hardest decision was whether to use black or white frames and I tested the options using my procreate app. White double matting was no issue, but the size of the mats took a bit longer to figure out. The paintings arrived yesterday and they really turned out nice. I had three configurations in mind, and ended up not using the one I liked best. All I can say is these pieces are definitely one of a kind. It’s a lot different than a pet portrait, but it sure is distinctive and personal. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment