Monday, January 20, 2020

The Lost Dyson Remote

It’s been all over the country with us. The Dyson heater/fan travels with us whenever we leave town for a few days. The best part about this heater/fan is the remote control that regulates the appliance. Since I stopped taking hormone replacement therapy in July, the hot flashes are too much to take. I have an Embr wave bracelet that helps somewhat, but the fan - especially at night - makes so much difference. During the day I have it facing my way and it gets turned on about every two hours. So the other day after dinner I was flabbergasted when I couldn’t locate the remote. I always leave it in the same place on the table next to the couch. So we searched everywhere - under the couch, removed the cushions not once but twice, under the recliner, checked the stuff on the table - all to no avail. I was getting very frustrated. So I sat down and thought where else could it be? We always have tea and cookies - angel food cake for me - after dinner. I put the angel food cake on a small metal plate. Then it dawned on me to check that metal plate that was sitting in the kitchen sink. The remote control was stuck to the back of the plate. It has a magnet in it that keeps it attached to the heater/fan. I had inadvertently placed the plate on top of the remote that was sitting on the table next to me. I’ve done this a million times before but this time the remote must have been in just the right spot and I didn’t even notice it when I brought the plate to the sink to rinse it. Thank goodness I didn’t get it wet. I was about to order a new remote from Amazon or take a trip to Tyson’s Mall to the Dyson store to get a new one. It’s really amazing that I haven’t misplaced it yet considering everywhere it has been. I’m just glad I found it - in the sink of all places. 










No comments:

Post a Comment