Saturday, January 25, 2020

Grocery Store Flowers

Every week we go grocery shopping after we have breakfast at the neighborhood spot. One item we always get is flowers. We have a double wall vase and a plant console in the dining room with a very large ornamental glass vase. During the holidays I fill them all with seasonal greens and decorative elements. But most times, it just depends on what is in stock. I always like to fill the vases with a variety of greens. When we had gardens, I could usually steal some things from there. But now I have to depend on what’s available. Sometimes there is nothing, but I try to keep the greens going over a few weeks. A few sticks also makes the bouquets more interesting. So today at Giant we picked up a big chunk of greens and a mostly yellow flower assortment. Now I have a small vase inside the large vase on the console table. It keeps things “straight,” is easier to water, and I don’t have to lift the heavy glass vessel from the stand. The flowers usually last the full week, and the second week things get a bit worn. But it’s always so pretty to see the flowers. And I like sorting them out. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment