Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Nowruz Digital Art Options

It started with my Etsy shop about eight years ago - painting custom pet portraits with my iPad. I always liked to paint and draw, and the iPad was a great way to rekindle my interest in art. Then I added a section on travel and living in DC. That included scenes from Iran, England, Denmark, Sweden, and France. The images were added to my other websites - Zazzle, Pixels/Fine Art America, Amazon Merch and Redbubble. When I got my new IPad Pro last summer, I had to learn a new app because the one I was using would not be compatible with system updates, and the new version seemed difficult to learn. Everything I do is self taught, so I decided to try ProCreate instead. While I was relearning the approach, I thought practicing on several Persian scenes would be fun. So I picked several of my photos from our visits to Iran and tried a few different things. I liked the way they turned out - especially the png formats that allow any background color to come through. Some of the images are quite stunning against a black background. So I added all of the images to my Etsy shop with both white and black backgrounds as digital downloads. And seeing that Nowruz is just around the corner, there are several products that showcase the images on all my websites. It’s been an interesting journey. I knew I couldn’t make a living as an artist, so I landed in healthcare because I knew I could get a job. Now I can enjoy creating art. What’s fun is to be noticed from people all over the world. I really appreciate it whenever I hear from someone who wants a custom portrait, or just likes an image I created enough to want to purchase something for themselves or give as a gift. It’s a lot more fun than a “real” job. Please take a look around my shops - need a painting, bag, pillow, coffee mug? You never know what you might find. Thanks so much for looking. I’d love to hear from you! 






















No comments:

Post a Comment