Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine

Tubby the Tuba, the Ugly Duckling, and White Christmas are the memories I associate with Danny Kaye. I can't say how many times we played that music, but I've seen White Christmas just about 25 times or more. So the new exhibit about Danny Kaye and his wife Sylvia Fine at the Library of Congress reminded me of all that. I really didn't know his wife had such a huge part in his success. Their daughter is supposed to participate in a program about them in March. I'd like to attend, but regular staff usually aren't invited, though I have been fortunate to see a few interesting events at the last minute. I know I would never have had these opportunities in the health care world in Milwaukee, which is one of the reasons I like working at the Library. Better yet, I just have to walk down a couple flights of stairs to see it. The exhibit closes on July 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment