Saturday, February 16, 2013

Going to the Dogs Again

February 13th was our Borzoi's birthday...she is no longer with us, and for a large breed lived to a very old thirteen years. Russian Wolfhounds are simply gorgeous, and I started to dig through all of our old photos of Tatiana. She was elegant, but also very charming. And so instead of doing a portrait of someone else's dog, I decided to do one of her. So I got out my trusty IPad, and did the hand painted portrait using my finger as the brush and the IPad as the blank canvas. The finished product came out really nice - if I do say so myself. It looks just like her friendly face. That's the best feedback I can hear when a client says I captured the spirit of their pet. So I added her image as my IPad screen saver; printed, matted, and framed it to place above our kitchen sink to replace a pretty ugly spice grouping image; printed and matted it for the Wagtime Shop on Capitol Hill; added it as a sample of a custom request on my Etsy Shop; and finally, added it as an artwork on my Fine Art America website for purchase as is. We have a little tiny Betta Fish called Moby Dick now. He has quite a personality too, but it's just not the same. But please don't tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment