Monday, February 4, 2013

On the Sixth Floor Balcony of the Madison Building

As is customary in the morning around 9:30 AM, I head for coffee on the sixth floor of the Madison Building. Every once in awhile something slightly entertaining can happen. It was a little warmer on this day, so the gardening and landscape crew must have thought it a good time to either dump and or refill all the pots and containers located on the balcony. I watched to see how long it would take these three shadowy figures complete the task. I understand at one time, anyone could stroll out on the balcony, have lunch, and catch the views of the city. Not so anymore. Only a select few can pass through the glass doors and go to work. I've often said I would never want a job working outside in the elements. My mind hasn't changed about that, even if I had an opportunity to do this type of thing. And for sure, working outside in Milwaukee would be ridiculous! I much prefer watching someone else work outside, and then enjoy the flowers that eventually get planted. Is it necessary? Someone else needs to answer that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment