Friday, February 1, 2013

Moon Over the Capitol

We thought it might be a good idea to finally get to a Senate hearing. Knowing this high profile one today would be busier than others, we got up at 6AM and walked over to the Dirksen Senate Office Building at 6:40 to get there for a 7:00 building opening. On the way over we walked past the Capitol and the moon was still hanging high in the sky. I don't remember the last time I've been up this early. On the flip side, the hearing ended around 5:30 PM, and it was already dark outside. As we passed by the Capitol on the way back home, it wasn't the moon that was out, but the light was on in the dome which indicates congress is in session. I much prefer the evening image because I am a late morning/evening kind of person. As for the hearing? More on that tomorrow. I've got a lot of pictures to go through. I can say with confidence that it was interesting. It was better than work, and would never have been an option in Milwaukee. Attending these kinds of events makes the real thing seem so different than how it appears on TV or presented on line. Were we in the same place?

No comments:

Post a Comment