Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tyson's and McLean Metro Update

We haven't been out to Tyson's since before Christmas. Since we found McLean Family Restaurant just off 123, we prefer the easy Saturday breakfast there rather than the Cafe Deluxe down the street. Every time we go, a little more of the metro rail has been advanced. But this time, the station platforms and passenger walkways are actually in place with signs. The huge Tyson's Tower construction project is also well underway. It is one huge cement city, and I wonder who would want to live around there. I suppose if you like shopping, there are plenty of choices. If you need to get to Dulles, it's going to be a snap. But if you like walking, I'm not sure there will be a lot of options. I think I still prefer Capitol Hill, and Alexandria remains my next favorite place. But when it comes to comparing today's construction to the 1890's issues our building will always have to deal with, I'm beginning to wonder what will eventually be the best option. So for now we'll just watch from a distance, and start thinking about possibilities for the future. We know what we don't like, but not sure about anything else. Luckily, we're not in any hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment