Saturday, March 23, 2013

Danny Kaye, Sylvia Fine, Dena Kaye - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

I don't usually get up early on Saturday morning, but thought it might be worth it to walk over to the Library of Congress Jefferson Building and see "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty." The real reason was to see Dena Kaye, daughter of Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine, give an introduction to the movie and then stay for a few questions and answers. Unexpectedly, I had already seen Dena Kaye earlier this week while I was on my afternoon walk. A live broadcast was in progress, and I stopped a minute to take a photo and watch the taping by the exhibit in the Madison Building. This morning, there were several folks in line waiting to get in to the Coolidge Theater. She only stayed a few minutes because she had to catch a train to New York. There was something enchanting about Danny Kaye... Tubby the Tuba, Hans Christian Andersen, The Ugly Duckling are still loitering around my brain. White Christmas is also memorable. So we stayed to watch most of the movie, and then left to catch a late lunch. It all seemed kinda dopey and sweet at the same time. He was a remarkable personality, and I just couldn't miss hearing about it.











No comments:

Post a Comment