Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pinterest, Etsy, and Fine Art America Stats

You could say I deal with stats at work as a performance measurement "expert." Even as a clinical nurse in ICU and cath lab, I used data to report on changes in conditions to determine if interventions were required. On the corporate health care side, we used it to analyze operations which resulted in consolidations and closures. On a personal side, keeping up with all the other websites and stats for my art stuff is proving to be almost a full time hobby! But I really like it. It's also fun to see who is looking at all this stuff. From my blog, which has over 18,000 hits, to the Fine Art America website that shows who is looking at what from everywhere on the planet. My Etsy shop informs me when someone likes a particular item. Sometimes things are picked up and noted by others on Pinterest, which I really appreciate. I just added a You Tube Video about my Iran Travelogue art and am tracking the number of views. There are now twelve places I routinely check to see how things are going. Keeping all the passwords straight is a huge challenge. If I didn't like it, this could be daunting. But I love the feedback and the visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment