Friday, March 29, 2013

French Onion Soup

My husband enjoys cooking, and I let him! I never really liked it because I need to follow a recipe. He, on the other hand, just mixes stuff up and voila! Something tasty, delicious, and even healthy hits the table. He has been in a French onion soup kind of mind lately. Because it is not something he would create, he has been ordering it when we go out. I don't particularly care for it as much as he does. We do, however, like to share whatever we order. So today, because he knows I don't care for the onion soup, he ordered the Manhatten clam chowder. We both enjoyed it immensely! Ironically, our friend from Wisconsin just sent a recipe for French Onion soup out of the blue. She was reading his mind all those miles away. So when she and her husband come to visit next week, maybe they will attempt making this grand thing together. It wouldn't be the first time they cooked stuff up. It happened quite often in Milwaukee. And, I'll watch from the sidelines and enjoy the final result with her husband. I hate to tell you that my husband also enjoys doing the dishes. I'm not sure what I would do without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment