Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Hyacinths at the Library of Congress

I never know what I'm going to write about when the day begins, but invariably something comes up in an unexpected way. The weather around here has been downright rotten this month and everyone has about had it. The cold winters were one of the key reasons we moved from Milwaukee. While I was walking this afternoon in the Madison Building, I thought I smelled something really pretty and quite fragrant. On my way back to the office, I tracked down the scent to the lobby. What was so pleasing about the beautiful hyacinths all arranged in the center of the space was the architectural accents that surrounded them. It finally felt a little more like spring. Perhaps that was the idea, because it is pretty hard to find any sense of it OUTSIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment