Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hamid Rahmanian - Ferdowsi's "Shahnameh" at the Library of Congress

Today is Persian New Year, and coincidentally the Middle Eastern Section at the Library was offering a presentation that both my husband and I thought would be fun to see. Hamid Rahmanian, an artist and filmmaker, was sharing his experience in creating his new book Ferdowsi's "Shahnameh."  You'd have to ask my husband about the story as it is a national epic of Iran and a principle piece of Iranian literature. We actually saw Ferdowsi's tomb in Tus, near Mashad just three years ago. I have been entranced with Persian art and miniatures since I've known my husband. So Hamid's explanation and presentation of his painstaking process as a graphic designer was thoroughly enjoying and intriguing. I could feel his pain and understood everything he was talking about to get the paintings "just right." What a treasure this book is and will become. You should check out the Facebook page at 


The Library also had a reception following the event and a festive New Year Haft-seen. This is one of the reasons I love working at the Library. Yesterday I saw Danny Kaye's daughter and today we saw a very enchanting artist and filmmaker. It was delightful!



















No comments:

Post a Comment