Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Rustico in Alexandria

Having heard about it when it first opened a while back, we decided not to go. But we changed our minds in the name of adventure. So we made our way to Alexandria to try out Rustico for dinner. It seemed everyone had pizza on the table but the daily specials sounded good - fried chicken and shrimp gnocchi. The sun was setting right in to my eyes so it made for a very fuzzy view. The salad and fries were good. I'm not sure what to say except maybe we need to try it again. It is situated in a relatively new neighborhood of look a like town homes. I understand why homes are so vertical in the city, but don't quite get the idea of it further away. All in all it doesn't feel like Old Town and reminds me of Brookfield in Wisconsin. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something sterile about it all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment