Monday, December 29, 2014

Behind Bars

We have bars on our first floor windows. We never had bars on our windows in Milwaukee. When we first moved here, I couldn't see anything but the bars, but now they just blend in to the back ground. But now they have even more significance because we have not been out of the house since Christmas Eve. First my husband caught whatever this ugly respiratory virus is, and now I have it. I feel like a prisoner in my own house. The streets in this neighborhood are still very quiet, and I envy anyone I see walking about. In the distance are a few guys ambling towards work, or maybe just out for lunch. The UPS man just stopped by. There is a lady promenading across the street. Being sick gives one plenty of opportunity to think, and too much thinking isn't always good. This has been an unusually dreary December for us, and this just makes it worse. I'd rather be feeling well and working than be at home like this. There is no snow on the ground like there would undoubtedly be in the Midwest. My husband is finally feeling better after many days. What do I really have to complain about? I'm looking forward to 2015. 



No comments:

Post a Comment