Thursday, December 18, 2014

The 45RPM Record Collection From the Sixties and Seventies

I usually don't go through my old things at the home I grew up in Florida. I pretty much took everything of significance when I moved away in the 70's. But there is one closet that has not yet been cleaned out and a few items remain. It's like going back through time. My dad's 35 mm camera from the 50's; a telescope; my brother's Lionel train set. My grandson has a hobby collecting vinyl records and I remembered I still had a box of 45's in a red box with a red plastic handle. Unfortunately I never kept the dust jacket covers, but they are all in pretty good shape. They were even "catalogued" and numbered. We listened to them at slumber parties, parties at home, and before going to bed. Most of them are classics and a few I don't really remember why I got them - I couldn't tell which side was the main title! Our larger collection of LP's - which included all the Monkees and Beatles tunes - were just dumped within the last year. So at least I can surprise our grandson with Grandma's old record collection. It certainly will give him an idea about the kind of music we listened to. It feels just like yesterday. 









No comments:

Post a Comment