Sunday, December 14, 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida

It's very different from Washington, DC. No, I'm not talking about the Midwest.  I'm talking about Florida. Every thing about it is different. We are here visiting my family - it's not really a vacation any more. It's about tending to health care needs. Being a nurse and having a physician husband helps logically, but not emotionally. It's been an up and down roller coaster the last three months. Aside from that, you know you reach the sunshine state when the big orange and grapefruit signs pop up and gator gazing becomes routine. The construction around Tampa seems to be never ending, but I do like the Lois Avenue exit. Once you hit the very long Howard Franklin bridge you know you are just about to reach St. Pete. It's bright and sunny, warm, and feels like home. The streets are straight, it's a much slower pace, and so much cheaper. Someone made some snow and ice to make it feel like winter. I thought I was seeing things when we went out for dinner last night. That's just not anything I want to see here! Any way, it's nice to be back where I grew up, but nostalgic at the same time. My husband likes the hustle and bustle of the city - I prefer the heat and the sun. It's a trying time for any family at this time in life. And living far away makes it all the more difficult - no matter how sunny it is. 








No comments:

Post a Comment