Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sights and Sounds of Florida

We are spending our last day in Florida. We're visiting with my parents who are both in their 90's. Since August we have been dealing with health and elder care issues, and running errands to find out what can and cannot be done. Everyone goes through it. It was hardly a vacation. But on this last day, I wanted to capture all the things that I remember growing up here as a youngster. There is plenty of blue sky, sunshine, and water. We only saw the Tampa Bay side this time. We just didn't get out to the Gulf. Palm trees are everywhere, hibiscus populate just about every garden, Tropicana Field is home to the Rays baseball team... Did I mention the boats? Christmas time was always a little strange, but there are lots of decorations. The food portions are huge and cheap. Due to our house configuration, my husband stays at the Watergarden Inn At the Bay. This must be at least the fifth or sixth time. Bill and Wilder are the most charming hosts, but my husband is a very unique guest. Not every house has it's own orange tree and the streets are wide and straight. These are the things I miss the most when we are back in DC. I think the older one gets the more appealing it becomes. I just wish I knew it then. 












No comments:

Post a Comment