Saturday, December 20, 2014

Tide High Efficiency Detergent

We are back to the daily grind. We just returned from our visit to Florida to see my elderly parents - not quite the vacation, but time away from the nation's Capitol. My husband now is on the look out for high efficiency washing detergent. The LG washer/dryer machine we have cannot tolerate regular washing detergents. The repairman once told us that high efficiency detergent was essential for this type and brand of clothes washer when he came to fix it quite a while ago. Since my husband said he could not find it at the local Harris Teeter he usually goes to, we had to spend precious Saturday time searching for it at another grocery store. I know they don't have it at Safeway, because we checked there around Thanksgiving. So we went to the Giant where he got his flu shot in McLean. And there it was clear as day - to me. The blue HE symbol wasn't really that noticeable, but the bright orange rectangular box it comes in was the same. There were two sizes...the small box is almost ten dollars and the larger one is $15.00. Now I know why some of the residents in the condo building were complaining when their laundry detergent was stolen from the laundry room last week. Nothing is cheap any more. Let's hope this stuff lasts awhile. When I told him I only use a small amount for each wash, he was surprised. We never had to worry about any of this in our large laundry room in our home in Milwaukee. I suppose there are worse things to think about. But this just all seems to be a waste of time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment