Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Greyhound Pillow and Digital Art

It's really busy this time of year. Not just because it is the holiday season, but because I paint custom pet portraits and it makes for a nice gift. I've been swamped with requests and am having a hard time keeping up with it all! My husband has become a widower - but a very understanding one. My art is all hand painted, but I use my iPad to create the images digitally. It's so much neater than using my traditional water colors and pastels. So the end result is a jpeg image that can be used over and over again, and can be made in to more than just a portrait that hangs on the wall. I was so pleased to see that someone had their image turned in to a pillow of her friend's greyhounds. I was also pleased to see the feedback and comments other folks make about my body of work. Someone called it "digital magic!" Who could ask for a nicer compliment? What started out as a hobby when the iPad came around has now become a passion! Things have come full circle... I love painting, and I love animals. What a great combination. And to think someone would want to display the image in their home makes it all even more lovely. I still have that bird sketch I made in kindergarten. What an inspiration!





No comments:

Post a Comment