Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Heartfelt Sentiment

I just saw that requests for dog licenses has skyrocketed in DC. I'm not surprised because we see so many of them in our neighborhood and it has been said if you want a friend in Washington - get a dog. This town is also a lot tougher to live in than many others. It's very different from Milwaukee in so many ways! Last week I received an unexpected email from someone I did a custom pet portrait for last year. "I wanted to thank u again for doing our dog, Kota's picture....the yellow lab....he passed away this morning...im glad i had u do it - u captured him perfectly...i was just looking at the picture....i really do love it....so does my husband....we really appreciate it..." Two dogs have graced our family - a golden retriever and a Borzoi. And it's so tough to see them go. I suppose that's why I really enjoy creating pet portraits. Since we no longer have one of our own it sort of fulfills the need. And when I get an unexpected note like this it makes me feel even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment