Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Radio Shack Alarm Clock and Daylight Savings

I detest daylight savings. In Milwaukee we had so many clocks and a programmable thermostat that it was a real nuisance to reset them all. At least here we only have a few items that require a time change. But when I tried to reset my ancient radio shack alarm clock I couldn't. I was devastated! This clock has been with me for at least twenty years, waking me up without fail the whole time - even if there was a power outage.  It's still working, but I can't change the time or the alarm - which makes it useless - until October rolls around again. I like having the time lit up during the night just to stay focused. So the next best option was to start using my iPhone instead. I don't have a charger stand for it, but at least it works. I just need to remember to take it with me when I leave for work in the morning. I really don't even need an alarm clock on most days. My husband is always up long before I need to be, so he is the best back up anyway. Lately I've been getting up even before the alarm goes off. That just means I want to get home sooner. But back to daylight savings.  I still hate it because the mornings are dark again. And that doesn't have anything to do with radio shack or apple. 


No comments:

Post a Comment