Friday, March 20, 2015

How Many Digital Devices Do You Have?

It started with a desktop computer and that was all we had in our "office space" in Milwaukee. A laptop joined it soon after. When we moved to DC, we got a new and reliable Toshiba laptop. We surely didn't have an office space in a 500 square foot apartment. How things have changed! My Kyocera smartphone was changed to an iPhone. Then my husband's hand held device was changed to another iPhone. We needed another laptop so each if us could use our own - or at least one was more reliable than the other. Oh- I forgot to mention the iPod we got for all my music before the iPhone.  Once the iPad came around, things really changed. I got the very first iPad as soon as it was available. I waited by the window for it to be delivered - and I was thrilled! I just knew it would be the next generation of easy and useful. In between that I got one for my elderly mom, who uses it for email and for reading. I convinced my sister she needed one. We sent one to our friends in England. I replaced my iPad with an iPad two, and gave mine to my husband. Our iPhones have been updated to a four and a five. I'm itching to get the 6 - just because I rely so much on my social media connections and my digital art and these devices make life so much easier - or do they? This past November I got the latest iPad Air and it is used primarily for my art. All my art is created on the iPad. I paint my portraits using a stylus rather than a brush. It's so much neater than watercolor and pastels, and my studio travels with me. I still use my iPad two as a backup. My ten year old laptop was dying and replaced with a touchscreen Toshiba laptop last year because there are still some things I can only do with a laptop. I'm still attached to windows and haven't been able to warm up to the Apple laptop line. I'm not sure where it all ends, but I really like gadgets. Can you tell? I wonder what will happen when the TV crashes?





No comments:

Post a Comment