Sunday, March 1, 2015

The QR Code

I was excited to find out we could deposit checks using our iPhones. It is so much easier than all the other ways...hand carry to the bank or using the ATM - which we never did. It is a real pain to even have to write a check any more, but i certainly don't mind getting one. But anything on paper seems archaic. Bar codes are another interesting option. I always knew they were out there but didn't really pay that much attention. It was in a restaurant when a friend zapped the barcode from a trivia game that was being played there, and she used an app to access it. Then I finally put two and two together (duh!) and downloaded a QR reader app too. I wasn't sure if or when I would ever use it. But since I finally paid more attention to it, I'm noticing them everywhere. I'm still not sure how it would benefit me personally to use it, and under what circumstances. I have always liked all these techy things, and am wondering how much I might be missing out on. Last weekend we discovered Foodler, but that didn't go very well. But this seems like it may be useful. What are your experiences with it? I looked it up on Wikipedia to get a bit more of a background. Then noticed it on the business card of someone we visited in St. Petersburg, and on a post office receipt asking us to participate in a customer feedback survey. None of this grabs my attention, but at least now I am prepared if I need to use it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment