Friday, March 16, 2018

Apple TV and Acorn App

We decided to get Apple TV last year when we got our new LG TV. I thought the mirroring capability from the iPad might be handy, but we only used it a few times. I really wasn’t interested in any new subscription service since our cable bill is already bad enough. Then we learned about Acorn TV and decided to get a free week trial. For whatever reason I couldn’t find the app on Apple TV. I downloaded it on my iPad and iPhone. We tried to mirror the programs and it just wasn’t crisp or clear enough and streamed poorly. I tried to access the programming from the acorn website and mirror it. That didn’t work either. I knew there had to be a way to make it work and kept finding information about the right kind of Apple TV, etc. I searched on the acorn tv web site and found general Q and A’s. In the meantime we lost the signal to Apple TV so I had to search about how to reboot it. It’s been so long since we used it last that I had to find my notes about accessing it. It was getting quite frustrating so I put it all away for the night and tried again the next morning. I was finally able to find the acorn app on Apple TV and voila! Now I had to figure out how to get closed captioned working because it’s impossible to understand all things English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish! So now we’ve had a free week trial and love every episode of season 8 Doc Martin and all the new Midsomer Murders. There is so much great content available we almost forgot we still have cable. I just tried to update the subscription on the app to annual vs month to month and am not sure it went through. Let’s hope we don’t get charged twice for this programming. I have a feeling there will be a glitch. (Photos are from the acorn app) 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment