Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Spring WAS Here

Two days ago we were walking through the beautiful Smithsonian and botanical gardens. The wind had finally died down after weeks of unrelentless storms and unpleasant weather. It was a beautiful sight to see. All the daffodils were in bloom and the flowering trees were about to open. The sun was brilliant and warm and it felt so good to be outside. Today is the first day of spring and we are expecting a winter storm with more snow accumulation than we have had all winter. Today is again rainy and dreary and cold. And because I have a cold and still a very stiff knee that was just diagnosed with arthritis last week, we didn’t take our usual morning walk. I really miss having our routine and being held captive with minor but aggravating irritations is not appreciated. So I’ll go back and look at the photos from two days ago and pretend that spring is really here. If I look out the window it tells a whole other story. Winter was one of the reasons we left the Midwest. I feel like I’m living there again. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment