Friday, March 2, 2018

Zazzle LITDigitalArt Store

You can spend a lot of time updating an internet storefront. I opened LITDigitalArt on Zazzle about five years ago. For the last few years I have been unable to update anything related to software glitches or otherwise. The issues could not be resolved easily, so I basically left it as is. Every once in awhile I would check it to see if anything changed, and it finally did last month. Some websites just don’t work unless you are using a desktop or laptop and that won’t do for me because I use my iPad for everything, including painting all my artwork. So last week I spent hours finally figuring out the Zazzle designer options and realized that there is a lot I need to do! I also realized that several things needed to be put in place to reach 100% complete - so that my storefront might be better promoted. So I not only added a lot of new products, I had to clean out products that had never been viewed, edited out products that didn’t look good, created ten collections, updated the settings, checked all the links to other social media sites, “liked” products from other shops, sent email messages about a few questions I need help with, promoted the collections and listings, and I am far from finished. This could be a full time job. In the end I’m not sure it will make any difference. But I have to say it is such a joy to receive a notification that someone bought an article in my shop. There are literally millions of options out there and to know someone liked artwork that I hand painted is just thrilling. The last item sold was a T shirt with a rendering of my Borzoi Tatiana that was bought from someone in Japan - ironically at the same time as the Westminster Dog Show last month. I think I’ll spend more time on my shop. After all it’s a great hobby. 















No comments:

Post a Comment