Monday, March 19, 2018

Vicks NyQuil

We were just talking about it the other day. No one seems to get colds anymore. Neither my husband nor I can remember the last time we had one. And, every fall we get a flu shot just to be on the safe side. When we worked in healthcare it was a requirement to get one. When I worked at the Library of Congress I got one because it was the smart thing to do. So last week when I went to the prompt care clinic, I had a feeling that we would get something out if it. The place is filled with germs with sick people coughing, and kooties flying around all over. I was just there for a sore knee which turned out to be my first bout with arthritis and a flare up. Three days later the sore throat, sneezing, and runny nose started. My husband swears it’s allergies, but I don’t think so. Because I’ve been taking aspirin for my knee, I probably didn’t notice the slight temp. So last night I dragged out the NyQuil. The expiration date is 2016, so it’s been sitting there for quite awhile. I took it anyway before going to bed and slept a good few hours. This morning I still have a sore throat, congestion, sneezing, and tired feeling. It wouldn’t be so bad but I’ve been dealing with this knee for about a month and would love to start feeling normal again. I’m beginning to wonder if that’s ever going to happen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment