Monday, December 26, 2022

52Frames Break the Rules Photo Challenge

I belong to a weekly photo challenge. A specific subject must be followed, we visit a few places in town for some options, a photo is uploaded to the 52Frames website from photographers all over the world, and 52 are selected out of over 3,000 or more that are judged to meet the criteria best. Last week’s subject was “break the rules.” My thought was to use the panoramic feature on my iPhone - using a crooked rather than follow the straight horizontal line, and also I thought I would try using a crooked vertical line. So keeping that approach in mind we tried a few shots in the neighborhood park. Some of them turned out really well - so much so that when we drove in to DC I wasn’t really thinking of anything in particular in mind because I thought I already had what I needed. We started out at the Smithsonian gardens and then walked over to constitution avenue towards the Capitol. I always like taking images of the Capitol reflecting pond and there were a couple of nice ones of the Grant statue. Then we walked by the American Indian Museum and back out on the mall. There was something about the Washington monument that got my attention. I tried a few crooked horizontal views, but when we approached the monument the vertical crooked view seemed like a better option. After that we drove in the car around town trying a few random photos here and there - but nothing seemed to grab my attention. So when I was editing the photos the neighborhood park images still looked good, but the crooked Washington monument just seemed so much more interesting. And that was the photo selected for this week. So I’ll keep my fingers crossed and see if it gets any attention. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment