Friday, December 2, 2022

Wrapping Christmas Gifts

We haven’t been to central Virginia to visit family for Christmas for the last two years. The pandemic ruined any plans that we had. The first year I had all the gifts shipped directly to our family because everything was so scary and uncertain. Last year, when there was another surge, we ended up bringing the gifts five months later when we finally had the opportunity to visit last May. So this year - whether due to another pandemic problem or not getting an invitation - we decided to have everything ready and bring the presents with us when we went to visit for Thanksgiving. Since we don’t have a lot of Christmas shopping to do I had ordered everything in October. The packages arrived and were stored away until I felt like wrapping. I also checked the wrapping paper and ribbon stock to see if we had enough - and we did. The grinch themed paper seemed appropriate again this year. These last few years have taken a toll on so many people - more than we will ever know. So the weekend before thanksgiving I got out all of the stuff and started wrapping. I always liked doing this sort of thing. And everything has to be perfectly squared and cornered. Luckily the gifts were small so it wasn’t much of an effort. The very thin ribbon was getting tangled up all together in spite of my best efforts. But it all worked out fine. So all of the items were placed in a white bag and brought with us. I didn’t put tags on the packages because we usually distribute them when we are there. However it works out I’m glad we were able to get the gifts to the recipients in time this year. And they will be the first items under their tree. 














No comments:

Post a Comment