Monday, December 12, 2022

52Frames Shoot From Below

The subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week was “shoot from below.”  Since the weather was quite dreary and rainy we weren’t outside as much as usual. One day we were trapped in the mall for a morning walk for lack of anything better. I tried to take the usual ceiling options but none of them turned out. There was some interesting greenery hanging from the ceiling but it wasn’t very good either. Then we came upon the large poster of couture clothing that covered the entire store front. I didn’t think much of it until I came home and edited the image. It looked like a very fancy three dimensional boutique and was the image that was submitted. Later in the week we went to Old Town Alexandria where there is always something worth looking at. And the Christmas decorations were up which always makes this place even more charming. As we were walking along the historic streets we found a very large ball hanging from the tree branches above. The trees that were growing in front of a house winding behind the shutters caught our eye. Then there was the very white church steeple against the very blue sky. There was a very interesting shop window with a skirt made out of Christmas greens, but unfortunately I couldn’t get rid of the car reflection in the glass. Then we went back down to the waterfront and found all of the pigeons huddled together on top of the gazebo. It was an unusual week for taking photos. What I like most about 52Frames is that you meet people from all over the world. It’s another social networking platform. Everyone has an interest in taking photos. I’m hoping that my college friend joins after I sent her the information last week. It’s a great way to stay in touch every week. I have to thank our friend from the Midwest who suggested this whole idea to me. It’s been a great way to find a reason to get out of the house and I’ve learned a lot along the way. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment