Friday, December 9, 2022

The Lost Glove

A couple of weeks ago my husband lost his glasses. They are the cheap readers so it wasn’t as awful as it could have been. We had gone for our usual morning walk - this time right around the neighborhood. When we got back home he realized they must have dropped somewhere along the path. So we got in the car and retraced our steps. No luck. There is nothing worse than to lose something like that. Luckily he had several back up pairs - but not any that I like. Yesterday was like any other morning when we took our morning walk in the park near our house. It was cold enough to need gloves, but got warm enough to remove them. So I put the Isotoners in my left jacket pocket. I have several pair of gloves, but these are really nice because they are not winter gloves with lining. They are just a one layer fabric for days that aren’t bone chilling. We walked our usual two plus miles and when we were about to get to the car I reached for my gloves and there was only one. How upsetting is that! I knew where I had removed them and unfortunately it was at the other end of the trail. So we decided to retrace our steps all the way to the other end. What we thought might be it was just a branch or twig. No luck. I spent the whole time wondering where the one glove could possibly have landed. We then turned down a path that I couldn’t have imagined it would be - and there it was lying on the ground. It was thrilling to see it there and more thrilling to pick it up - totally unscathed. It wouldn’t feel as bad if you lose both gloves. But losing just one makes it so much worse. We put on an extra mile wandering around yesterday. But at least it was worth the effort. 








No comments:

Post a Comment