Thursday, December 29, 2022

Jenny O Turkey Breast

Long before we moved to DC I wasn’t really in to making turkeys. Our family was small, and my husband doesn’t really care for turkey, and they are a pain to prepare. So I found Jenny O turkeys - the really easy freezer to oven brand that cooks in a bag. You literally just put it in the oven from the freezer and it’s quite good. But it’s not always easy to find, but I eventually do. I have also found the Butterball brand is is also good. Earlier on I also ordered the turkey through the Jenny O website but you can’t order there anymore. We also drove to various grocery stores here, even Target one year. What’s even nicer is that you can now get Jenny O as a breast only rather than a full turkey that is way too much for two people. Last month we were in Harris Teeter and stumbled upon the Jenny O turkey breast in the freezer area. I was so excited because I hadn’t seen it there for a while. We unexpectedly ended up staying home this year for Christmas - our family stopped in the following Monday - and we were delighted to know that we were prepared for dinner. We had already bought the gravy, mashed potatoes and stuffing mix, so we were all set. So last weekend we made the turkey breast and it was delicious. Even though it was less than three pounds we still had a lot left over. Obviously I had to make a sandwich or two, and yesterday my husband made turkey soup with most of the leftovers. It hardly matters what you put in the soup it always turns out great. I’ve always liked turkey for Thanksgiving. Mom always made pierogis for Christmas even and ham and kielbasa on Christmas Day. I like sticking with the turkey. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment