Tuesday, May 16, 2023

52Frames Details Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject this week was “details” for the 52Frames photo challenge. Since we were sitting on the balcony one pleasant afternoon there were a few options. Some of the window box flowers looked pretty. The miniature rose plant from the grocery store had its first bud of the season - it’s the third year my husband has had success keeping this plant alive. The bud had a tiny aphid type creature sitting on it. Then there was the whiskey sour glass sitting in front of my husband that looked - and was - very refreshing. There was also a small rainbow that reflected on the balcony floor and also my husband’s face. You could see every detail in his eyebrow. But later in the week the crow who comes to visit stopped by. He/she is always stealing the coco liner from the window boxes. It’s not infrequent that we have staring contests. So the bird landed on the rail and as soon as I saw it I grabbed my phone. It was like he was posing for the photo - all fluffed up and tilting his head. So I isolated him from the photo and put him on a white background. That enhanced the image and the various feathers looked very impressive. I see this bird swooping in out of the corner of my eye and usually do my best to make him leave - except for this time. I know he will be back looking for more mischief. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment