Monday, May 8, 2023

52Frames Food Photography Weekly Challenge

The 52Frames photo challenge this week was food photography. I haven’t been very enamored by the subjects lately and this one didn’t do much for me either. But as the days passed I started to come up with some ideas. The first one was of the pear that is in a bottle. It’s actually pear brandy that we got many years ago. The object was cut out of the photo and a background was painted in to create a composite image. My husband didn’t like the colors. Then the cookie jar looked like a good option. The first few shots were of chocolate cookies alone. But then the lemon cookies were added in. The color was much improved and one of those photos ended up being the selected image. It was edited to look high key and it looked like an advertisement. Then later in the week my husband was making a spinach omelet of sorts and that looked pretty good. The bag filled with potato chips was quite colorful but not very artistic. Then we made some whiskey sours. All of the utensils and ingredients were interesting and the end result looked even better. In the end I enjoyed this challenge more than I thought I would. It’s been a while since my photo has been selected as a top 52, but in the end the idea is to just get you thinking and doing something. That’s a good enough reason to participate. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment