Friday, May 5, 2023

Rustoleum Metallic Accent Paint

I’m not sure what happened to the grab bars in the bathroom tub/shower. For whatever reason the area doesn’t seem to dry and the end result is some ugly looking rust on the underside. We usually hang the bath mat on the grab bar after use, and that doesn’t help. But I’ve been in the mood to touch up things lately so they look a bit more like new. We recently got some grout paint that was used to touch up the discolored grout. It worked really well. We got a new bath mat. It looks really nice. So I got some Rustoleum metallic accent paint called sterling silver. Of course I wiped down and cleaned the areas in question. And I used a sponge applicator for lack of anything else. The area is quite tiny and hardly observable. But I know it is there. So the first coat just seemed to be quite watery and didn’t cover anything. So I held a paper towel beneath the area in question and the paint just ran down like water, but the paint itself was much thicker. So rather than use the sponge applicator I found a cotton swab that was just the right size to dab on the paint. And this time it covered the area nicely. I waited half an hour and repeated the process again. It covered this time as well. It certainly doesn’t look as good as I would like, but it covers enough to hide the ugly rust. I have a feeling that it’s going to happen again. At least I have the paint we need to get the job done - and to keep the bathroom looking half way decent. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment