Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Looking For A Long Lost Childhood Friend

My brother asked me at Christmas dinner if I ever heard from my friend from Waterford, Connecticut. We were pretty close in those kindergarden days. We were together all the time. But then we moved to Florida and lost touch. This wasn't the first time I have thought about her. I've googled her name a few times and always came up empty handed. But lately, old newspaper stories and announcements are getting digitized, and engagements and weddings are starting to show up. Unexpectedly today, her name was found in a wedding announcement - in Waterford. It took place about the same time mine did, and that's about all I could find out about her. So I checked her husband's name, education, job, etc and got a lead on where he works and an email address. Who knows what may have passed between them after all these years. But I thought it would be interesting to see if he might know anything about the mystery. I'll probably never hear anything from him, but then again maybe I will. She would have been my first real friend, and I just can't seem to forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment