Thursday, October 28, 2021

52Frames 52Picks Selection!

It was very exciting this morning to get an email notice from 52frames that my photo submission for this week was recognized. Out of 2,077 photos uploaded to the site this week, my “walls” image from Old Town Alexandria was selected. The photos are chosen “based on each committee member’s individual tastes regarding creative concept, technical execution, and overall story.” I’ve been participating in 52Frames for almost a year at the suggestion of a friend. It’s been a great way to get out of the house in search of a photo that meets the subject matter challenge. And to do it with just an iPhone 8Plus is even more amazing. I’m not a photographer, but I love to take photos for this blog, and now for the weekly challenges. When I was selected as a winner in the New Yorker Eustace Tilley contest ten years ago, I was thrilled because it validated my digital art skills - and reignited my interest in art using a new platform. Watercolors and pastels were exchanged for an iPad and a stylus. It’s really nice to be recognized! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment