Monday, October 11, 2021

52Frames_highkey Weekly Photo Challenge

I only have an iPhone to take photos. The iphone13 almost got my attention, but then I read about the iPhone14 possible zoom camera features I decided to stick with my iPhone 8Plus for another year. When you belong to a photo challenge group and you need to produce an image every week based on a specific subject, it can get difficult to take a decent photo with an iPhone. There are a few apps to help with some of these things like slow shutter, but when you need to do things like “high key” I can only do so much with what I have. And that’s what happened last week and will happen again this week with “low key” because my camera simply will not produce. There are a few things one can do when editing, but that only goes so far. I took a couple of photos at home using the sparse sunlight in an otherwise dreary week, but wasn’t impressed with anything. So last week we drove to Old Town Alexandria to walk along the Potomac River. I thought maybe something might materialize but didn’t have anything specific in mind. I finally came upon a solitary woman sitting by the River talking on the phone and drinking coffee - her table was a boat mooring - and a goose was floating by. The quality of the photo was less than desirable, but the overall image was interesting. There was a variety of boats and fences along the way too. In the end my goal is to figure out a potential idea, then try my best to find it, try a few different options, and hope for the best. I shouldn’t take the challenge too seriously because I’m not really a photographer. I never had lessons and just like taking pictures. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment