Saturday, October 9, 2021

National Gallery of Art West Wing

I never was much of an art fan. Whenever we went to an art museum I basically wandered through the galleries not paying much attention to the detail that was written. I did however pay a lot of attention to the colors and the scenes that captured my attention. Then I started to paint again using my iPad. I didn’t want to mess with watercolors, pastels and charcoals when I could do the same using a stylus. Now I participate in a weekly photo challenge and it oftentimes takes us to the national gallery of art. We rarely visit the east side of the building where there is a lot of religious oriented artwork. I much prefer the impressionists and the beautiful colors. We still avoided the religious section and kept walking to the far end of the gallery. While on that side we came across some interesting pieces of decor, along with items we hadn’t seen before including rooms with fireplaces, large mirrors and chandeliers. I was on the lookout for scenes for the subject matter “dreamscape.” Nothing really worked so we continued on to more familiar areas, including the underground light filled “space mountain” tunnel that joins the two buildings. Regardless it was a great way to spend the morning, and it’s becoming quite the routine. 












































No comments:

Post a Comment