Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Weird Light

The bathroom sconce light went out. That in and of itself isn’t anything of significance. But since we moved to northern Virginia, all of the light bulbs in this condo are not easily replaced. None of them are the old fashioned typical styles we are used to. In other words, none of them are twist out and twist back in. In fact the ceiling light and casing over the bathtub needed to be completely removed. There are user manuals and videos to show residents how to work these things. So when the bulb burned out yesterday I knew we wouldn’t have a replacement. I read on the instructions that it needed to be twisted half way and pulled out - and it had two prongs on the bottom - something I have never seen before. Apparently all of these lights are supposed to last many years. It’s only been two years and two went out. So we went to the hardware store to find a replacement. They didn’t have the exact item, but did have another one with the same specifications. I got a receipt in case we needed to return it. Because the top of the bulb is round rather than flat and twisted, it was a very tight fit getting it in, but at least it worked. I suppose I should order some replacements to have on hand. I just don’t feel like it. 














No comments:

Post a Comment