Friday, October 15, 2021

Modigliani Art at the National Gallery

I usually don’t know one artist from another. I do know that I like Impressionism a lot. But there are other things that are more quirky that catch my eye. And that happened the other day when we went to the National Gallery of Art. I never heard of him, but my husband has. Each portrait was better than the next. Most of the subjects had long necks - especially the females. The colors were muted but warm. There were a lot of blue eyes. No one was smiling - they were all a very serious bunch. The artist was Modigliani and I really liked his work. We were passing through the gallery on a whim as we were there to take photos for the 52Frames weekly photo challenge. We had just passed through the underground “space mountain” tunnel that connects the west to the east building and wandered in to this exhibit. It was eye catching - enough for me to want to capture the faces gone by. It’s amazing how many artists were rarely successful during their life times. Things have certainly changed - but this art somehow seemed very contemporary. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment