Friday, October 1, 2021

Losing a Friend

She worked in my husband’s clinic. He always praised her work ethics, kindness, and general overall wonderful personality. I knew her through him, but also whenever I had a doctor appointment or speaking with her on the phone trying to contact my husband. She had a presence - and four daughters that were highly regarded. Whenever we visited the Midwest after we moved to DC, we always made it a point to visit her. She regularly sent birthday and Christmas cards. The last time we saw her was two years ago when we visited the Midwest. The last time we spoke was on the phone for my husband’s birthday not that long ago. Aside from the usual aches and pains of aging, she sounded good. Her husband was going through more health issues. So it was with a sad heart that we learned Bette had passed away unexpectedly this week. I found an old photo of her and my husband from the clinic and posted it on Facebook. A lot of our friends knew her too having worked in the hospital and had office visits themselves. Bette was the glue of the clinic - everyone knew her. Rest In Peace sweet Bette. We, and a lot of other people, will miss you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment