Thursday, June 2, 2011

Americans in Paris

I've read a lot of David McCullough's books... I loved John Adams and Truman. His new book is called Americans in Paris, and we had the opportunity to hear him talk about it.  A notice was sent out last week for Library staff to sign up if they were interested in attending. I got the "admission" email yesterday, and planned to attend the event in the Coolidge Auditorium in the Jefferson Building this evening. It sounds like it would be delightful to read, and if I do get it, it will be an I-book. I can't remember the last time I bought a hard copy book. Which brings to mind.... how do you get a signature on a digital book? I'm sure there is an app for that. These types of events NEVER happened where I worked before, and could never top this if they did.
It's always exciting to be a part of the Library's events
And to see and hear people we admire

And he has such a soothng voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment