Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another Room With A Great View

I was assigned to a committee this week and today we had to meet for the first time to get up to speed on the work ahead. It was interesting to meet folks that I normally do not have anything to do with, and it looks like I will be seeing them with some regularity over the next few months. But aside from that, the meeting takes place on the 6th floor in a conference room of the Madison Building overlooking Independence Avenue. Across the street is the beautiful Jefferson Building and down the way is the even more superlative Capitol Building. Over the span of my career, I have had offices with windows... and maybe even had some meetings with interesting views. But there is nothing more magnificent than this, even on a cloudy day.
Landmarks easily seen from many vantage points

But not from too many office or conference room windows

No comments:

Post a Comment